#HYPERHALLOWEEN

#HYPERCEBU, #HYPER? #CEBU? Hyper what?! Last year of May, one of the biggest event here in Cebu came to life through the line of creative and hyper Cebuanos who thought of doing such for Cebu and of course for charity. First #hypercebu event was phenomenal! Tickets were sold out, spot on! And this year #HyperCebu returned last week for a spectacular Halloween event that had everybody hyper and spooky about! It was a three-day outdoor HP, on October 24-26, 2014. It was organized by JCI Cebu Inc and hyperfounders and volunteers. 

This year I was given the privilege to go to the event as a #hyperblogger. TA-DAAAAH, though I don't consider myself a blogger tee-hee! 

(my hyper access ID! HAHA) 


(My not oh-so ootd for #hyper, I love food. So I'm fat.)

#HyperHalloween featured food markets by young entrepreneurs, a lifestyle bazaar with different online shops selling their different products, indie music fest at some point and of course the highlight of the whole thing: a rave party! It's amazing how one event could bring together people of different genres: fashion and food enthusiasts, travel buddies, musicians, party-goers, cool kids, techies and many more! This simply tells us all that Cebu is packed with talented and cool diverse people. And that we can be totally hyper about anything as long as it makes us genuinely happy!!
                                         
(Rad stage! Real cool)
                                         

Since this is a food blog (lmao), different food stalls got my attention at the event. From cupcakes, cakes in a jar, burger, bacon menu, milktea, barbecue, and many more. It was heaven for a foodie like me!

 Featuring here an online shop that sells beautiful caged stones: the trinketry!  Fave shop at the event!

 Baked by Althea, I actually bought a red velvet that cost me 80php. I loved the cream cheese, the cake was too soft and moist for my liking but over-all it was delicious! 


 I've been dreaming of eating one ever since I saw it on Instagram (boombites), so when I saw one stall was selling, I took the chance and bought one! It was okay. Lol. I actually forgot the name of the stall. On a serious note, the milk was not sweet so it was the perfect combination with the cookie shot which was sweet. The only thing that I would change was it was so hard, it took time before I was able to bite and eat it but over-all, I had a good time eating! :) The bottom part of the shot was soooooo yummy!


If I'm not mistaken, they have their own cafe place now. They sell healthy drinks! :) Wasn't given the chance to buy and taste one but will surely visit their place and try. 

The menu got me! Haha, I had no one to share it with because I was alone at first so I wasn't able to try it. Huhu

So, I actually tried something at #hyper that's definitely worth your money! Unfortunately, I didn't have any photo taken of the stall but Eskina is thy name! They offer a great line of grilled meat (barbeque, pork belly, chicken and bla bla) and my favorite food ever: baked scallops for 10php each!!! It was so yummy for me, setting aside the fact that I love cheese and scallops. Juicy, cheesy, with garlic and i don't really know how to describe it in words. You also have to try their pork belly, I love the way they marinated the pork, can you just imagine a tender grilled pork belly in front of you? They have a place at Mabolo where you can visit and taste for yourself! Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eskina-Sizzling-Grill-Page/684887638273234 



#Hyperhalloween also had wonderful bands that played during the event, passionate dance crews that danced their hearts out, emcees that gave life to the whole thing, beatboxers that set up the mood! #Hyperhalloween became a venue for Cebu's talented people! But the main thing of the event was the #hyperzombierun with military like obstacles and zombies trying to eat your brain. There are actually different kind of zombies during the day, and your goal was to keep at least one ribbon to win: 1k, 3k & 5k.

                                                 






 Some of them run with costumes and such, my favorite bunch! 

 ZOMBA! Getting everyone hyped up! 


 Zombies 101, saw them leave haha 


 Trying to look like them lol 


 #H flagged was waved at about 6pm that symbolized the start of the fun run! :)

 I joined them too! So, I took some photos for the obstacles. An example, kiddie zombies! I had to blame my camera that night, some pictures were blurry so I only got this.

 And, the finish line! 

JCI Cebu together with the hypervolunteers partnered with Parkmall just in time for their anniversary. So while bands were playing, together with the others we released green balloons to the sky! They looked like the stars from afar.


And what I was waiting for, the rave party! Pretty sick crowd I must say haha. Full of kids (high school students) and college buddies too! Wouldn't you enjoy the night? Party till you drop with Cebu's 20 hottest djs! I mean, could you actually walk after such party? Hahaha. Drinks, rad music, hot djs, sick crowd = one hyper night! 



 Panorama shot of the rave party! 

 The over-all event was bloggable, instagrammable and bla bla hahahaha! I had a blast and I was glad I did attend hyperhalloween! If you think, this is the end. There's more: NOVEMBER 13-14: The afterparty! Follow hypercebu for more details! Till the next #hyperevent! 

So cheaters, what are you guys hyper about? ;)



Comments