Matcha Place in Cebu, Philippines (Green house- coffee and desserts)

The recent post that I wrote was about the coffee shop that I discovered near our place, this time I'm writing all about the goodies specifically my favorite: MATCHA (wink, wink) that they added on their menu after their grand opening last October 15, 2016. 

1) Matcha Latte 

Smooth and creamy. Bitter and sweet taste of Matcha green tea mixed with warm milk (with a choice of Soy or Full Cream Milk) Top this latte with foam and a sprinkle of green tea powder. You're given the choice to add sweetness to your drink, for my case I just poured a little and voila, perfecto! 




2) Matcha Frappe

At Green House, they ask you to write your comments mostly about their food: how it tastes, presentation, and the value for money. Aside from that, you can give out your suggestions. So as a Matcha Lover, I wanted to have a variety of choices where Matcha is the star--- yuip, Matcha is Life. So the days after I suggested Matcha as an addition to their menu, they asked me to try their Matcha Frappe for free. Well, it didn't taste like the way I expected it so I jotted down my comments and the next time I came back, the Matcha Frappe tasted better!!!! I actually order it most of the time and it keeps on getting better. 

Creamy, foamy, cooling, it gives a boost in energy and packs a whole lot of good-for-you gifts.  Definitely your choice if you love matcha the way I do. 




3) Matcha Pudding & Matcha Chocolate Fondant

  • Matcha Pudding - Smooth, soft and delicate. The soy milk helps with balancing the bitter taste of matcha. It's delicious but not to my liking. Nevertheless, it's matcha, who can say no to it? Hmmm.
  • Matcha Chocolate Fondant- IT IS SO DELICIOUS---- and I cry because of the price, but it's so worth it. It is just so delicious. It was so pleasing to the eyes--- that I didn't want to touch it cause I'll destroy it's presentation. The vanilla gelato with red bean paste perfectly complimented the warm cake with the flowing green tea fondant. Heaven at every bite. Every matcha lover's dream (HAHAHA) I wish the cake was bigger though huhu. Imagine eating the warm cake with the gelato and paste, then it melts in your mouth, warm and cold together-- and then Matcha-- perfecto! What could go wrong? 




4) Matcha Crepe

Now this is something new to the Matcha Specials, I also had the privilege to taste it for free and I just love Matcha with red bean paste. Delicious 10 layered thin crepes infused with green tea powder, filled with cream and red beans, topped with green tea powder. You just dig in and dig in. I love how chewy, soft, sweet and refreshing the taste of this special is.  It's every Matcha Lover's favorite. Now you have to try it! Cause there's one in Cebu finally offering Matcha crepe!!!! Hooray. 







There you go, Matcha Lovers!!!! It's time for you to try their Matcha Specials. I hope they add more to their Matcha Special Menu like cupcakes, cheesecake, shortcake and mousse! 
Aside from the Matcha Specials, here are some of the goods that I tried:


1. Eggs Benedict 


2.  Mango Crepe 




3. Clubhouse Sandwich & Belgian Chocolate Milkshake 




4. Pulled Pork Bun with Potato Wedges- this one is actually from Munch Bistro (the resto beside Green House) 


5. Creme Brulee 


6. New York Cheesecake w/ Cranberry Jam 


So that's it! I obviously have more to try, I guess? My tummy's happy, my wallet's empty! HAHAHA. But food > anything else. AND Matcha is Life. 

Aside from their Matcha Specials, you'll come here for their friendly staff, variety of delicious goodies, and really fast Wi-Fi. 

Nics' Ratings: 


4- highest, 0-lowest, -1 (for a very negative feedback)

FOOD & DRINKS- 3.5/4 (I'm almost finished with everything on their menu!!!!) 

PLACE (cleanliness, interior & stuff)- 4/4 (Place is actually clean, spacious, my brain is functioning here, and it's so cozy)

FRIENDLY SERVICE- 4/4 (Staffs are really great! Customer service is superb!)

VALUE FOR MONEY- 4/4; Affordable! And worth the penny


WHEREABOUTS:

They are located at 2/F, Talambam Time Square Cebu City, Philippines
Opening Days and Hours: Monday-Sunday (9am-10pm) 
Free Wifi: Yes (FAST WIFI!!)
For more information about the cafe, you may check out their Facebook account: https://www.facebook.com/GreenHouseCoffeeAndDessert/
Instagram: @greenhousecoffeeanddessert
To more cheat days with Nics! Thank you for reading :)
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM: nicsret (personal account); 
cheatdayswithnics (food posts) 
And vine: @nicwigglin  


Comments