Cos Cafe: Concept of Subculture



My dream is to travel around the world and Japan is always on the top of my list. From the outlet shops, the food, the view, the cherry blossoms and the technology: Everything about Japan makes me thrilled. So when I heard that the newest cafe in town would be different from the norm cafes here in Cebu, I got excited. 

When I was in high school, till now I guess, I'm still an otaku. I love watching anime and reading mangas though some may call me childish, it makes me happy and it actually makes more sense than the others. I was privileged to actually attend the food tasting event of Cos Cafe, big thanks to my good friend: Mitzie Mori. 

 Cos cafe from the outside. My friend actually shared a funny story that because the glasses are so clear, customers taught there was no door at all so they actually bump their heads haha (sorry for laughing)

Feels at home <3

This is my favorite part in the cafe. The window looks so vintage.

The upper portion; more spaces for you lovely people to come

Mocha Frap & Cappuccino; Price range is from 130-150php

Just 1/4 of my plate cause I was served with desserts and just more food. 

The shrimp (tempura) tastes really good, the shrimp is soft and just right. The pasta tastes sweet and sour (lol, tomato sauce, figures). The lechon onigiri is something extraordinary but it's just like our cebu lechon + rice haha.  Now they have tuna and bacon onigiris. You must order the Japanese carbonara: perf! The chicken (i forgot the name) which I heard is an original recipe of the owner's mother was so yummy, it was crispy and  I cannot actually put into words how the chicken tasted but it's really delicious. I actually asked for three more pieces. The menu also offers Katsudon with salad and iced tea for 250php only. 

For the desserts, I just love the rainbow cake and matcha roll (cause I love matcha haha). They also serve green tea panacotta, cupcakes and more desserts. Matcha cookies are my favorite but they don't serve matcha cookies now, too bad. 

They also offer a variety of drinks to choose from. Some people say, it's the cafe for the rich I say, the prices are worth it. You must come and visit to see for yourself! :)

 Otaku Lounge 

This part is open for otaku lovers, for every worth of 300php you can try on different outfits and take photos inside the cafe. 

 Some of the displays from Japan, and the carvings are made by their chef! Really awesome

 Employees are dressed up as maids to serve you and on wednesday they drress up :)



Nics' Ratings: 

4- highest, 0-lowest, -1 (for a very negative feedback)

FOOD & DRINKS- 3/4 (I haven't tried everything and I wanted to, so I'm leaving that one point for my reason of coming back.) 

PLACE (cleanliness, interior & stuff)- 4/4 (Super love the place)

FRIENDLY SERVICE- 3/4 (Kawaii maids)

VALUE FOR MONEY- 3/4; You can afford but some say it's expensive, I say it's worth the price. 


WHEREABOUTS:

JY Square Mall; Second Floor 
04L Ride from Ayala or 17B Ride from USC-Main

Operating Hours: 10AM -10pm daily
Free Wifi: Yes
Mode of Payment: Cash Only

To more cheat days with Nics! Thank you for reading :)
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM: nicsret (personal account); cheatdayswithnics (food posts)


Comments