First stop: The Backstory Kitchen & Cafe

A good day to all cheaters out there lol! It's been a while since I last wrote a blog entry, I had the time of my life outside of the country and tried a lot of different cuisines. And of course my loves: Steaks, burger, fries, milkshake, pizza- everything served big in Texas! 

Moving on, for my first blog post for year 2015-- I present to you Backstory Kitchen & Cafe. Since, it's always a fun thing to visit new cafe shops, I asked my friends to accompany me in this another foodgasm trip!

(Always loved the black and white combination of things)


 (How outside looked like, so they actually have a limited space)






                                       


Inside the cafe, you can see that they have a limited space so if you want to go here with your friends, I suggest by groups of 4-5 only. With the less decorations and few furnitures, there's something about the minimalist interior vibe of this place that makes you want to come back and take photos of such beauty. This place is #Instagramworthy. 











What you'll love about this place is that it looks really good in pictures, how the light reflects on every photograph you take and how the limited space makes it intimate and a great place for you and your friends to hang out or even date. 


Aside from that, this place promotes LOVE. "Let all that you do be done with Love."- That's right! 


And the highlight of this visit will be of course the sumptuous meals that they offer. They offer a variety of frappes at a very affordable price of 100-110php only! Burgers, sandwiches, pasta and more! So here's what we ordered: I and two of my friends ordered the Backstory burger (best seller), another one ordered a tuna melt sandwich and the other one would be pasta carbonara. 

                                (Tuna melt sandwich complimented with fries) 

What's great about this is that the tuna goes very well with the kind of crisp the pastry gives + fries. 



 (Pasta Carbonara w/ garlic bread)

One of the tastiest carbonara I ever tasted here in Cebu. The pasta is well cooked, the sauce is to die for! Creamy with the salty taste of grated cheese + bacon. The serving is good for the price. We all have different taste palette, but this one is really delicious and I loved it even with just one taste (cause it's not my order lol).

 (My dear friends, the backstory burger. It took us about 30 minutes to get a taste of this burger)

What's inside? Burger patty, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, onion, bacon, cheese and their own sauce. The burger was actually good. The patty was juicy, when I went and took a bite, all the juice came out and the burger complimented well with the honey mustard condiment and fries.  What I really loved about the burger was how tender and how it answered all my burger cravings. 

What I can suggest would be mushrooms and melted cheese and more of that honey mustard! 



For the drinks: Red Velvet and Toffee Nut Frappes! All for 100-110 php each depends whether it's coffee based or not. This must be the cheapest frappe I saw, compared to the other cafe shops with the same size of mason mug but twice the price! 

How it tasted? Honestly, almost the same. Red Velvet was too sweet for me but it's delicious anyway. Toffee nut was really good. I'd like to come back and order another flavor of frappe. 







And that's the end of my backstory foodgasm trip with friends! As always, it's fun to go on a food trip with friends who love food as much as I do. But I wonder, why it's named backstory. Maybe because, behind every masterpiece, there's a story. And each food served is crafted with love and care.
"Serving with love, backstory family"

Nics' Ratings: 

4- highest, 0-lowest, -1 (for a very negative feedback)

FOOD & DRINKS- 3/4 (I haven't tried everything and I wanted to, so I'm leaving that one point for my reason of coming back.) 

PLACE (cleanliness, interior & stuff)- 4/4 (Place is actually clean, and I love black & white! The only recommendation I have is a bigger space to cater everyone who wanted to try out their food)

FRIENDLY SERVICE- 4/4 (To the server who was very accomodating, thank you!)

VALUE FOR MONEY- 4/4; Super worth it! Affordable!!! Super! Duper!


WHEREABOUTS:

They are located at 261-B Don Mariano Cui St. Capitol Site, Cebu City; Across YAKSKI Bbq
Opening Days and Hours: Monday-Saturday (11am-11p,) and Sunday (5pm-12midnight)
Free Wifi: Yes
For more information about the cafe, you may check out their Facebook account:https://www.facebook.com/thebackstorycafe
To more cheat days with Nics! Thank you for reading :)
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM: nicsret (personal account); 
cheatdayswithnics (food posts) 
And vine: @nicwigglin  


Comments