Southside Chicken Wings


Gibbs, Burrows, 21 Dubs- these are some of the places that most of us go to if we're craving for some yummy chicken wings. Recently, I was invited to dine in this household named Southside Chicken wings. I was impressed with how their chicken wings tasted that I promised myself to share this to my friends and come back for more. So here I am, making my review about it. 

Sorry for this low quality photo, had bad lighting in our area

Today, I went to visit to answer my cravings for their bestselling chicken wings called Cajun glaze. Also decided to order for the white wings and Inferno. 




Before I go about the food, the place is literally just the garage of a house at San Antonio Village in Banilad, you need to exert some effort to go to the place but it's totally worth it. Orders are taken and cooked in their family kitchen. Chef Ram, i guess, cooks the wings and it'll take about 20-30 mins waiting time for your food to be served for it's cooked and prepared on the spot. But, you can always call or message them ahead for your orders. 



Photo is grabbed from their official facebook page. Cajun Glaze

My favorite cajun glaze is to die for (huhu, in my opinion), I like how crispy and sweet it is. It's way better than Gibb's!!! According to them, Cajun is Southside's best kept secret. It's really sweet and savory, you should try this! And the best part? It's only for 129php. 

Photo is grabbed from their official facebook page. Inferno

Inferno is for those people who want very spicy food yet still very tasty. I did not personally taste this one because according to my friend, it really is very spicy. 

Photo is grabbed from their official facebook page. White Wings

Gibb's Angel wings is my favorite, and this dish got my palette's liking. Crispy chicken wings topped with Bechamel based white saue topped with parmesan cheese. CRISPY. CREAMY. TASTY. Just perfect if you're up for some creamy goodness. 




They don't only offer wings but also chops, mojos and sisig. There's more flavors actually and I'll definitely come back to try and to have more cajun glazed wings (oh-la-la-la-la). 

Value for money? Southside is still has the best deal in the Metro! 

Nics' Ratings: 

4- highest, 0-lowest, -1 (for a very negative feedback)

FOOD & DRINKS- 3/4 (I haven't tried everything and I wanted to, so I'm leaving that one point for my reason of coming back.) but cajun glaze is 5/4 <3

PLACE (cleanliness, interior & stuff)- 3/4 (Place is in a garage, very homey and street feels)

FRIENDLY SERVICE- 4/4 (Really friendly and very accommodating. Chef Ram is really kind and he cooks good food. )

VALUE FOR MONEY- 4/4; Super worth it! Affordable!!! Super! Duper! Again, still has the best deal in the Metro! 


WHEREABOUTS:

It's located in #8 Jumabon St. San Antonio Village, Cebu City. Minutes away from Countrymall, Talamban. They're open everyday from 10:30am-10:30pm. You can contact this number if you want to ask for more details on how to go to the place or order earlier, 0933-026-3132 (Chef Ram). 

To more cheat days with Nics! Thank you for reading :)
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM: nicsret (personal account); cheatdayswithnics (food posts) And vine: @nicwigglin  


Comments